Thursday, December 9, 2010

PROBLEMS WITH MODAL VERBS??

I'm sure you won't have any problems after watching this video.


Now, it's time to revise modal verbs for Tuesday's exam:


0
I ________ speak English very fluently.
Ability (negative modal)
1
We ________ pay for you.
Intention
2
He doesn't sing very well now, but he ________ sing beautifully when he was a child.
Past ability
3
You _______ eat those mush­rooms; they _______ be poison­ous.
Advice (negative modal)
Possibility
4
It _______ rain, but I doubt it.
Possibility
5
I ________ write English well, but I have trouble speaking....
You _______find yourself an English boyfriend...that way you'll improve quick enough!
Ability
Advice
6
_______ help you, madam?
Po­l­ite request
7
You ________ forget to pay the rent tomorrow. The owner is very strict about paying on time.
Obligation
(negative modal)
8
___________ we go to eat some ice cream?
Intention
9
Jenny's ring is enormous! It ________ cost a fortune.
Possibility
10
_______ I borrow your car this week­end?
No because I _______ need it if I go shop­ping.
Per­mission
Possibility
11
That job is only open to university graduates. You __________ have at least a bachelor's degree to apply.
Obligation

                                                                                                             Adapted from internet
MORE EXERCISES:





No comments:

Post a Comment